Dimitri Devyatkin - Presentations
Dimitri Devyatkin is an experienced public speaker available for presentations at universities, schools and community centers worldwide.
An American film and video producer and journalist, he’s traveled to 30 countries, spoken at many universities and schools, taught college courses, appeared on radio and TV broadcasts, produced shows at museums and conferences.
are controversial, dramatic, eye-opening, clear and easy-to-understand. As keynote
speaker at a college graduation, he is inspiring, well documented, influential and
Auditoriums are packed, people stay right to the end for question-and-answer sessions and give highest evaluations for his presentations.
Presentations can be illustrated with video, still pictures and PowerPoint, appropriate to interests of the audience.
Media, Politics and the Future
1. Roots of the financial crisis: Do we come out of it, or will the West collapse?
2. Russia and the former USSR: history, politics, Socialism, film and TV. Why did the USSR implode? Lessons for the West.
3. Enduring Legacies: Slavery, Serfdom, Prisons and Big Brother:- Long term effects
4. The business of media – modern television broadcasting, advertising, mind manipulations
5. New media and the future: Internet, digital cameras, social media, surveillance, mind control or freedom?
Dimitri's Video Exhibitions and Presentations
Museum of Modern Art, New York
Museum of Modern Art, Paris
Berlin Film Festival
International Young Film Forum, Berlin (twice)
Lenbach Haus Museum, Munich
Moscow Film Festival (twice)
American Cultural Centers, Paris and London
Amerika Haus Centers, Germany – Berlin, Nürnberg, Frankfurt
College of Architects, Barcelona (twice)
Everson Museum, Syracuse
Walker Arts Center, Minneapolis
Dostoyevsky Museum, St. Petersburg
The Kitchen, New York